Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hotel Review: Grand Hotel de la Reine, Nancy, France



Grand Hotel de la Reine is a marvelous old hotel with wonderful appointments. I would definitely call it a "Grand Dame". It is a former palace, and the high ceilings and chandeliers bear this out. The public rooms are gorgeous.

 

Our room was large by European standards and just beautiful. Every effort had been made to see to our comfort. It had a desk and armoire, a large comfortable bed with plenty of feather pillows, a pants press, minibar, and superb lighting. Even the chair at the desk was beautiful, in antique style with a velvet seat.


#grandhoteldelareinenancy

The bathroom was huge and had two sinks, two thick and luxurious bathrobes, a deep tub with detachable shower head, and even a bidet. The amenities basket was also first-class. The robes are for sale if you become irrevocably attached.

 

But what is really special here is the service, it is first-class. Xavier, the young man at the desk, went way beyond what was necessary to make our one-night stay enjoyable. He went to the bank for us to cash traveler's checks.  Even after we had checked out, we were allowed to leave our car in valet parking while we visited the city. Al and I returned earlier than Bob and Joe, and as I sat waiting, he offered me tea.



It's free, he assured me. I felt pampered, and since it was cold and snowy, I truly appreciated it.  We got a special rate that included breakfast in their beautiful second-floor breakfast room. It included cold cereal, lots of fruit, apricot and grapefruit slices, kiwi, starfruit, pears, pastries, baguettes, scrambled eggs, ham, yogurt, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, all in a marvelous setting.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. I can't wait to return here myself. It has the perfect location on the Place Stanislaus in the center of the city of Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment