Friday, December 4, 2015 to Sunday, December 6, 2015
Friday, December 11, 2015 to Sunday, December 13, 2015
Friday, December 18, 2015 to Sunday, December 20, 2015
Christmas by Candlelight highlights include:
• Re-creation of Mrs. Cratchit's Christmas Dinner
• Sleigh rides (weather permitting)
• Gingerbread House Contest - winners determined by your votes
• Holiday traditions explained and recreated- roasting chestnuts, yule logs, mistletoe, and more
• Demonstrations of period gingerbread baking and cider mulling
• Victorian carolers
• Christmas keepsake to make and take home
• Display of model railroads and trains
• Display of a miniature New England Village
• Display of the Little Town of Bethlehem nativity
• Visit Father Christmas and Santa Claus
• Punch & Judy Puppet Show
• Christmas carol sing-a-longs
• Holiday magic shows
• The dance from Dicken's A Christmas Carol
• Readings of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Visit from Saint Nicholas
• Readings of "The Nativity Gospel of Saint Luke" and "The Nativity Gospel of Saint Matthew"
4:00-9:00 p.m. Tickets available online. $15 for Friday and Sunday and $18 for Saturday.
Be sure to reserve your Holiday Buffet at Bullards Tavern before or after your visit. Seatings at 4:15, 6:00 and 8:00, reservations recommended.
In order to focus on the evening holiday events, Old Sturbridge Village will be closed during the day from December 1-25, 2015. The Village will return to a daytime schedule for its popular school vacation week activities Dec. 26, 2015– December 31, 2015.