Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hotel Review: Sheraton Bradley Airport Windsor Locks, Conn.



Let's face it; sometimes it just makes sense to stay at the airport the night before your flight. Bradley Airport is located about 45 minutes from our home. Especially in the winter when the weather is iffy it can be the difference between making a flight and missing it. If you get a park and fly package, it makes even more sense. 



With the help of the Sheraton website I was able to find a AAA rate which included 7 days of free parking. Since our friend was also traveling I called the hotel and asked if we both got the park and fly rate could we use the 14 days on our one car, I was assured that I could. Of course when I got to the check-in desk, I was told that it was not true. Luckily since I was assured of this feature we were allowed to do it that way. I then had to pay the additional $15 per day for parking.  



Our room was a deluxe business room which means you need to use your key to get off on this floor which is number 7. Our room has a luxurious king bed with all white bedding. There were plenty of pillows and crispy clean sheets. I was very pleased. There is a chair and a foot stool as well as a small round table in the corner along with a pole lamp. I sat here to use my lap top and take advantage of the free wireless Internet.


There is a desk in the room and high speed access if you happen to not have wireless. Both sides of the bed have a night stand and a lamp which is nice if you want to read in bed. There is a large flat screen TV in the room with a fair selection of channels. There are two trays in the dresser that pull out. One has a small coffee pot with Starbucks Coffee and the other has an ice bucket and a free bottle of water. All and all, this is a very comfortable room.



A bathrobe can be found in the closet and amenities in the bathroom including a hairdryer. There is a combination shower and tub and a granite top vanity. One complaint, was this vanity made for munchkins? I am not tall and I found it low, I can't image how a 6 foot tall man could find it the correct height.



Near the front desk there is a small store with of all things, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. There was also an area with computers. The hotel has an indoor pool if you have the time, we didn't. There is also a fitness center, a lounge and a restaurant. Room service is also available.




All and all I am very pleased with the Sheraton and with the rate that we received. I am not surprised that two different employees gave us two different answers about the rate that we chose. It is common enough. I am also very pleased with the way that the young woman at the desk handled the issue. I highly recommend a stay here and I am sure I will do this again when weather or an early morning flight dictate

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't surprised to hear about Bubblews. At least you got your final payment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but so many didn't. I am made not to have gotten all my posts off

      Delete