Thursday, January 21, 2016

Flashback Thursday: Travel is an Adventure

Travel for me has always been an adventure. My love of adventure and travel was born on a trip to Canada in 1954 and has never waned. 

Now you may say, I have small children or I can't afford to travel. I say nonsense. Travel doesn't have to be far and children are very adaptable. If you believe that they will be able to sleep in a hotel bed they will sleep. Don't hold them back or yourself, let adventures happen. 

If a hotel is too expensive, camp. Many historic sites are free. Some of the first places we took our children other than Canada were to Gettysburg, Lancaster, and Washington DC. If you live in New England, how about an overnight to Easton, Pa and the Crayola Factory. Perfect place for children. Lake George and Fort Ticonderoga are good for two nights. Kasey and I took 2-month-old Jack with us on a tour of the mansions in Newport. 
Consider this a musing. I promised that I would muse and this is my first one. I encourage you to develop a love of travel in your children or like me, in your grandchildren. It makes everything just a little more interesting to see it through the eyes of a child.
This is Al and Christian at Montmorency Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment