Monday, April 18, 2016

We booked a cruise to Bermuda

I have been wanting to take another cruise for a while. It has been quite a few years since our last cruise and I love cruising. I talk about cruising often with our friends who also cruise and who we have cruised with before. No one was taking the bait!! I even considered cruising while we were in Florida but the time just flew by.

Thursday Cindy called me and asked if I was still interested in cruising to Bermuda. She had found a cruise on Holland America which would berth in Hamilton. It seemed like perfect timing. Wednesday evening I was looking at Holland American cruises that go round trip to Europe and I have decided it was something I wanted to do for our 50th wedding anniversary in 2 years. 

This would be the perfect opportunity to try out Holland America on a shorter cruise. Add to that the price of the cruise was slightly less than we are getting in our tax refund and it was like we would be cruising for free. How could I resist? I couldn't of course. It also leaves just three days after our anniversary so this will end up being our anniversary getaway which we do every year. 

We booked on Friday with John Dorman of Cruise One. We have booked a couple cruises with him previously and it is nice to have someone whose name you know to call if I have any questions. He also is very timely in getting back to me if I shoot him an email. 

I forgot to mention we are also getting $100 per person on board credit from Holland America, This will allow us to book some specialty dining or a spa treatment for no cost!! How great is that. 

I will write a review of the cruise and the cruise line when we return but in the meantime I am getting excited and starting to think about all the packing I need to do!!





No comments:

Post a Comment