Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Review: Fairfield Inn Harrisonburg, Va.

The Fairfield Inn in Harrisonburg, Va. It has a great location. It is off of exit 147A on I-81 and is less than a mile from the highway. It is surrounded by stores, restaurants, and other businesses. It is, however, far enough away from anything to be quiet.

We had a king studio room on the 4th floor close enough to the elevator to be very convenient. I love the studio room set up, it has a hallway when you enter with the bathroom, which by the way was very spacious. There is a bar in the hallway that has a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The room you enter is the living area with the sofa, which is a sofa bed, the desk, and a TV.

The bedroom is not closed off so it isn’t a suite but it does have a second TV so when Al and I disagree about what to watch, we both get to watch something different. The king bed had a very comfortable mattress and the typical white bedding.

The room was very clean however, we did have an issue. When I went to use the coffee pot, the tray that holds the pod was missing and when I picked up one of the paper cups it was unwrapped and dirty. That is just gross!! I called the front desk and got more coffee, new cup,s and a replacement tray. I did tell the manager in the morning when she asked me how my stay was and she gave me 1,000 reward points for the bad experience. I was very pleased with that response.

We used the pool and the hot tub both of which are on the first floor. We were the only ones in there so we had the place to ourselves. The hand rail into the pool was very wobbly and needs to be fixed. The timer on the hot tub also didn’t work correctly. There is a small gym with two treadmills and an elliptical as well as a weight bench.

At breakfast, they were out of cream cheese and only offered two kinds of cereal. Are you beginning to see a pattern here? I am not sure that even with its great location, this is a hotel I will use again. I think they need to do some upgrades and to make sure that there are tighter housekeeping standards. 

As I said, the room was clean and so was the bathroom. But I paid a very high price in comparison to the other Fairfield Inns on this trip and honestly for that price, I expect things to be in better order.


The Internet is free and fast and easy to access but the TV had only 40 channels and it seemed like 15 of them were sports!!! That is so disappointing, is it really necessary to have that many sports channel but not have HGTV? 

No comments:

Post a Comment