Thursday, October 19, 2017

Hotel Review: Springhill Suites Fishkill New York

Springhill Suites in Fishkill is a new hotel and the design is just gorgeous. The rooms are sleek and modern with a very stylish appearance. We loved it at first sight. The person who welcomed us at the desk was friendly but did not tell us what time breakfast was served or that a side door was much more convenient for our rooms. 

I was not welcomed as a silver member which I always am and thanked for my loyalty. Usually I arrive in my room to find extra towels and pillows which I have requested, they are not guaranteed but usually, they are there, not here they weren’t.

Another thing that I found odd was that I received an email about noon on the day we were checking in asking me if we were still coming. Since I had two rooms reserved and would have been charged a very high cancellation fee if I didn’t show, I certainly was. What if I had not looked at my emails as we were driving, would they have given my room away? That I found rather disturbing.

Once we got to our room, we were quite delighted with what we found. I had a king sized bed, a very comfortable one I have to say, A desk that was part of a room divider, a sofa that turns into a single bed and a trundle bed a coffee table with a tray on top, Keurig coffeemaker, microwave, and fridge.


The bathroom is downright glamorous, with a huge walk-in shower, sleek white countertops and sink, a night light which I love, glass barn door and separate, though not closed off toilet area. Also a good sized closet and though Joe did not have a luggage rack in his, we did in ours. A metal bench  covers the radiator and it served as a good place for him to place his luggage.

The room was very clean and had plenty of plugs but the nightstand on the left side of the bed had no plugs so I couldn’t plug in my phone unless I changed sides of the bed which I didn’t want to do, that I found inconvenient. How do they know that both of you don’t want to charge your devices on your nightstand? Breakfast is a wonderful affair with scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, cheese to top the eggs and soft tacos to wrap your eggs and salsa. Chocolate croissants, bread, bagels, and muffins. Oatmeal, cold cereal and make your own waffles, you won’t go away hungry.


Marriott has also decided to get rid of the hot tubs in their newer hotels or ones that they update to the new design. I am not at all pleased with this decision and it may well be what drives me into the arms of another chain. When we travel, I enjoy a soak in the hot tub after a long day on the road, I find their decision very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment