Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hotel Review: Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, VA.

Harrisonburg, VA. is a favorite destination on our trip south to Florida. We have stayed in town on four different occasions, all at different hotels. This time I chose Candlewood Suites which is a member of IHG which also includes Holiday Inn. 

The location is near I-81 and also within a 1/4 mile of stores and restaurants. I was greeted as a platinum member and offered either member points or two snacks or drinks from the pantry, we took the two drinks. 

Overall this is a nice hotel however, the rooms are small and they don't offer king beds. I did request an upgrade but no one-bedroom suites were available and the two full bedded room was on the first floor, I prefer the upper floor. Somehow we always end up with a tap-dancer or a pogo stick user above us lol. 

The room bathroom had dirty hand prints on the door, which I washed off and the headboard had a layer of dust on top. I prefer not to have to clean my room when I stay at a hotel. The rest of the room was fine the tub was clean and had plenty of fluffy towels. What I didn't like was that there is only one night stand so only one person can read in bed. 

All the rooms include a kitchen so that they are excellent for an extended stay and they are also pet-friendly. They do not offer breakfast but they do have a pantry where you can buy things to cook. 

The room does have a recliner and a desk with two chairs so that you can eat at the desk.

The mattress and the pillows were also comfortable. I used the Internet in the room and it was fast and easy to access. The computer in the business center was screaming slow and had Windows 7 so you know it was on the old side. They have a health center which is open 24 hours a day. 

The price of this hotel was at least $20 cheaper than any other in the area and I would stay here again if the price was right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment