Thursday, April 19, 2018

Hotel Review: Best Western Windsor Hotel Americus, Ga.

I stayed in Americus because of the historic Best Western Windsor Hotel. It is more than a hundred twenty years old. Of course, it is also well located to visit the Jimmy Carter Historic Site and Andersonville Confederate Prison. One thing I need to warn you about, don't stay here on a Sunday night, the two restaurants in the hotel are both closed, as well as just about every good restaurant in town. 

We were lucky enough to find a parking spot in front of the hotel. All parking is free in town and if you don't get a spot in front, there is a lot down the first street on the left past the hotel. 

We chose a chamber room, it was located on the third floor and while there is an elevator, we still had to go both up and down a small stairway. If you don't or can't do the stairs, go the opposite direction that the signs tell you to go to the room, ours was 322 so go the direction for the lower number rooms. Of course, we didn't find this out until we left. 

Another issue was the fact that I got the breakfast rate. Unfortunately, when I booked online it defaults to the one person in the room so we had one free breakfast. It was my own fault, but annoying none the less. 

The room was pretty, the door was gorgeous. We had a queen bed and there was an armoire, a desk, a fridge, and microwave. The coffee pot, which is a Keurig,  was in the bathroom, however, the coffee and cups are in the room??? Not my favorite place to have it, even though this was a very large bathroom. Internet was good and the TV had plenty of channels. 

Also, the towels are small, plush enough but not oversized in the least. I did, however, love the shampoo that was provided. 


Our breakfast was good, the selection isn't huge but it has enough options. Al had an omelet, I had scrambled eggs. The bacon was particularly good. I was rather surprised in a white tablecloth restaurant to be given individual Smucker's strawberry jam packs, not what I would have expected. 

I took lots of pictures inside the hotel, the lobby is stunning and it is just so pretty all over. The staff was very friendly and everything was clean and in good repair. I had a little problem with the blow dryer but it was my own fault again, the cord pulls out, I didn't realize that and thought it was just so short. lol

If you are looking for a beautiful historic hotel to stay at while visiting historic sites in the part of Georgia, you will be hard-pressed to find anything to compare to the Best Western Windsor Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment