Monday, September 21, 2015

Travel Nightmare Lost Luggage

I think everyone knows that I travel quite a lot. Given that fact and the fact that I have never had my luggage misplaced except on my very first flight to England almost 30 years ago, it was inevitable that it was going to happen to me. 

Somehow however, I never expected that it could or would happen on a direct flight.  But alas, it did. My bag was sent on the 7 p.m. flight to Shannon instead of the 9 p.m. flight to Dublin. Of course, I had no idea this had happened and since the airport codes for Shannon SNN and Dublin DUB are in no way similar, it is hard to imagine how this mistake happened in the first place. Aer Lingus assured me that the bag had been tagged correctly in Boston. 

While I was waiting in line in Dublin to go through customs Kathy heard them call my name, I did not which would have been unfortunate as I waited for my bag to arrive on the turntable but instead I went to baggage claim customer service and was told that my bag was at Shannon. Since there was no quick flight from Shannon to Dublin they were sending my bag to London and then to Dublin and I should have it by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, this was 8 a.m. on  Tuesday. 

I was very understanding and assured them that I would be fine and I was looking forward to being reunited with my bag at the Pembroke Townhouse Hotel later in the day. 

Thus began my nightmare with Aer Lingus. To read more about this adventure click here

No comments:

Post a Comment