Thursday, August 16, 2018

Hotel Review: Boston Marriott Newton

If you are looking for a hotel "near" Boston but would like to avoid the horrible traffic, this is an excellent choice. Located overlooking the Charles River in Newton, The Boston Marriott Newton is set just off of the I-95 and we encountered no traffic whatsoever. The downside is that we had to drive quite far to find a restaurant. But, the one we found was so good that the drive was well worth it.

I liked pretty much everything about this hotel. The one area that I found weak was when I asked the front desk for a list of hotels that offer delivery to the hotel, which I have done at countless other Marriotts, I was handed three menus. Three choices does not a list make!!  You can eat in the hotel, the bar offers food and there is a restaurant. I assume this is what they want you to do!!

I was there for a genealogy conference which was held in the ballroom and other conference rooms. Other than being freezing cold, the facilities were exceptional. It was a smaller conference with only 350 attendees but very well organized.

You enter the hotel on level four, it is built into a hill. Having the lobby on the 4th floor confused everyone pretty much but it worked for us since our room was on the same floor. We had two queen beds, a chair not at the desk and a comfortable chair at the desk. The TV was huge. We also had a small fridge and coffee maker but no microwave which was a bummer.

The beds had all white bedding and were very comfortable. Lots of pillows made for a good night's sleep. I like the extra plugs that were located on the shared nightstand. 

Our room overlooked the parking lot which wasn't all bad as Kathy's car was basically right outside and we had an easy entrance and exit nearby. 

The bathroom had a large shower with rain head. The bathroom, however, was petite, very petite.

The food overall was a weak point, the onion soup we had was alright but nothing to write home about. The Bloody Mary, however, was outstanding. Mine was $7 and a virgin but excellent. I had two, lol. The conference had a continental breakfast and the muffins were tasty but the lunch sandwiches I found to be subpar. 

Normally, parking costs $11 a night, it was included in our conference rate and the Internet also is not free but I am a silver member so it was included. 

I would love to come back to this hotel. It would be convenient for some of the outside of Boston things I want to do like visit the National Archives in Waltham. 


No comments:

Post a Comment