Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Country Inn and Suites by Radisson Huntersville NC

We usually stay in Mooresville NC on our third night on the road. One year we did stay in Davidson but usually, it is Mooresville. This year I wanted to use some of my Radisson points so I chose  Country Inn and Suites in Huntersville. It has a great location right off I-77 and it is surrounded by great restaurants, three of which are within walking distance which is a big plus for me. 

I chose a king one-bedroom suite. We were on the4th floor in room 408, strange last night was room 408 as well and Sunday night was 308 I see a pattern here!!

The hotel has a beautiful pool and spa which was closed for maintenance, what a bummer but they have lemon and cucumber water in the lobby, apples and oranges, 4 kinds of cookies and fresh popcorn, I forgive them. 

If you are not familiar with Country Inn and Suites, they have a very homey look, with stairs and a parlor in the lobby. You want to sit down and read a book. Breakfast is included and is served from 6 am to 9:30  am. 

Our room has a parlor with a chair, sofa, desk, two lamps, TV and then a hall with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom is modern and spacious. 

The bedroom does not have a door but it has a TV and a comfortable bed. Free internet is available and the bedroom TV is a smart TV.

My one gripe is the TVs. They are impossible to operate. I had to call the front desk twice and the TV for the living room ended up not working and with only one staff member on at the time I was not able to get it working. I am knowledgeable, I have smart TVs at home but nothing as absolutely confusing as these!! Really disappointing. The desk also has a handle that really sticks out in front, not a good design if you actually want to use the desk!!

I like this hotel a lot. Great location and amenities and I got it for $68 a night and 5,000 points, can't complain about that.  And I had a great night's sleep, a very comfortable bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment