Monday, February 21, 2022

Searching For Architectural Treasures at Black Dog Salvage Roanoke Virginia

I have a confession to make before I went to Roanoke, I had never heard of Black Dog Salvage. Now I feel pretty silly because, in all honesty, this is one of the most amazing stores I have ever been to. We were headed to Cups Coffee and Tea on Grandin Road to get some breakfast and stopped there on the way.

As I said, I had never watched the DIY Network show so I didn’t know about the real black dog. Sally greeted us as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. She looked us over, decided we were okay and went on her way.  Once we went inside we met the new baby black dog and oh my goodness, that is one cute puppy.

The staff at Black Dog Salvage was amazing and very happy to point out things that we might want to look at. I did meet one of the owners, can you believe I didn’t take his picture and he was happy to chat for a few minutes even though this was a filming day.

My husband and I strolled around the salvage part and I wished that we had come with a truck. I could see lots of great salvage that I wanted to take home with me. I fell in love with the most beautiful mantles, they made mine seem so pedestrian. It is so cool, I can’t stress that enough, loads of doors, shutters, sinks, and knobs, I loved the knobs and pulls.

When we had finished looking around, I stopped back at the counter and the staff told me I had just barely scratched the surface. Another part of the building is filled with vendors who sell equally unique items made from salvaged material. 

If you are looking for an unusual, one of a kind gifts or decorating items for your home, this is the place to come.
Fabulous is the word that comes to mind. I was blown away by what we saw and I highly recommend if you are going to be anywhere in the area that you stop by and give them a look.

The owners Mike Whiteside and Robert Kulp have been in business since 1999. When you see the things that they have saved you really appreciate what a passion they both bring to Black Dog Salvage.

I think it is great that they have a popular show but what they have here can certainly stand on its own even if like me you have no idea that they are all semi-famous. But, if you can’t get to Black Dog Salvage, you can buy their amazing architectural treasures on the Internet on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment