Monday, December 17, 2018

Aer Lingus: Just When You Think It Can't Get Worse It Can

After my last experience with Aer Lingus, I pretty much swore I would never use them again. They lost my luggage on a direct flight from Boston to Dublin and then took 3 days to get it to me. In the meantime they were uncommunicative and when they did tell me something it was a lie. I swore I was finished with them and then they offered rates from Hartford that were irresistible. For $458 I was suckered in again.

One thing I will say about Aer Lingus, they never disappoint when it comes to being a big disappointment. This time our flight was delayed but they refused to tell us for how long, their website was totally useless and after waiting 30 minutes on the phone, their staff was even less helpful.

When we arrived at the airport, the board said our flight was on time but when we checked our bag we were told to be at the gate at 8:30 p.m. Since our flight was scheduled for a 5:10 departure this seemed incomprehensible. The desk staff talked to me like I was a child with a total lack of understanding when I questioned them. We were never told what caused the delay. 

Once we boarded our very full flight we found out how very bad the actual condition of the plane was. I didn't get headphones and had to ask for them. I was given the wrong meal which is irrelevant since they are all disgusting and the bathroom stunk almost from the moment we took off.

On the way home, I kept getting hit in the head with drops of water, the seat in from of me was broken and in my face,  Irene's overhead light kept blinking, Pete's seat cushion was not attached and the bathrooms still stank. The food was equally as disgusting as the previous flight, the Kerrygold butter was the highlight.  When I told the stewardess about the drops of water she offered me a tissue!! Really!!

I know they say you get what you pay for but this is really not acceptable. The only positive I have to say is that the entertainment system if you can get your headphones to work without having to hold the plug in, is excellent and has a great variety of options. And my luggage arrived on time in both directions. 








No comments:

Post a Comment