Friday, February 15, 2019

Hotel review: Residence Inn Hazelton, PA

I have to admit, this Residence Inn has a great location just a minute or two off of I 81. It has been recently renovated and the lobby and rooms are stylish. Breakfast was a disappointment, however. Only half a bagel was left at 9 a.m. with breakfast going on until 10. Only one kind and one flavor of yogurt were offered. Still, since it is complimentary I guess I shouldn’t complain lol. 

I also don't like the fact that if you don't want fast food, you won't be able to get food at this exit. We knew this from a past visit and stopped at our usual exit where Damon's is located and had dinner before we got to the hotel. 

The staff was very friendly and we were warmly greeted when we arrived. The room was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more. It has a large sectional sofa and a kitchen for cooking any food you might bring with you or purchase at the store in the lobby, 

We had a large comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. a desk and a bathroom with only a shower. There was a pool off of the lobby but we didn't use it. I was not impressed with the TV channel selection but it was adequate. We used points which got us a great deal here but if I had to pay the often very high price that they charge, I would probably opt to stay at the Fairfield Inn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment