Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hotel Review: Hotel Viking Newport RI

The Hotel Viking in Newport, R.I. is one of my favorite places to stay when I just want to get away for a weekend. I have stayed here three separate times, all with my girlfriends. It offers everything you could want from a girlfriends getaway, comfortable rooms, great location and a fabulous spa.  When you get a pedicure here they send you home with a small bottle of the polish that you chose in case you need a touch-up, how nice is that? 

The location at 1 Bellevue Avenue could not be better. You will be able to walk to most of the things that you would want to do in Newport. If you happen to visit during the Christmas holidays the decorations are exquisite. 

I always look for a deal when booking here. Try to get free parking and be aware that they have a daily resort charge which I think is ridiculous so look for a rate where it is waved. But having afternoon tea here is lovely and as I said, for a romantic getaway or a girlfriends weekend it is ideal. 

Be sure to check their website, they have great pictures and descriptions of the many different room options, I have never had one of their most expensive rooms or the least expensive, I usually go just a little up from the least expensive and the rooms have always been very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment